December 7, 2021, by Helen Whitehead
Advent Calendar: #7 Box of Broadcasts
In the Advent Calendar today we embrace the season by offering you a gift box: Box of Broadcasts (BoB).
The University has an Educational Recording Agency Plus licence which allows us to use Box of Broadcasts (BoB) to record and access television and radio programmes – but with one big caveat: these can only be used within the UK. Both staff and students in the UK can record television and radio programmes which are broadcast within the next seven days. It may also be possible to retrieve programmes that were broadcast in the last seven days, and to browse or search an archive of over 2 million radio and TV broadcasts.
Most terrestrial freeview channels are available and recorded programmes can be watched in a browser, but you can’t download a copy of them.
- More information on how to access Box of Broadcasts (University website)
- Box of Broadcasts website
Advent Calendar 2021
- #6: Q&A: a new student engagement app from Microsoft
- #5: Avoiding plagiarism this essay season
- #4: Ways to poll your students
- #3: Have you thought about using Moodle Quiz?
- #2: How to make a Stream video available to students
- #1: A festive use for H5P
- The Advent Calendar in Moodle with real doors to open (UoN only, sorry)
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first