March 1, 2023, by Helen Whitehead
New resource: Digital Learning Frequently Asked Questions for staff
I’ve been asking around my colleagues in Learning Technology in order to find out the questions that have been most repeatedly asked over the years. We’ve then created a Digital Learning Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Staff resource to help members of staff to find the answers quickly. Perhaps one of our top questions at the moment is:
- To understand how to create accessible activities and resources, we recommend taking the ‘Accessibility of Teaching and Learning Materials’ online course.
- You can find examples of best practice in accessibility on the Nottingham Accessibility Practices Sharepoint site.
- For more in-depth accessibility training, we recommend attending Brickfield Workshops
New functionalities being introduced for the next academic year include:
- SensusAccess, which is a file converter available to students on Moodle.
- Brickfield Accessibility Toolkit, which is an enhanced accessibility checker for Moodle.
Other questions answered in this resource include:
- Can you tell me three simple ways to engage students?
- How do I add a Teams recording to Moodle so my students can see it?
- What do I need to do to prepare for the start of the academic year (or indeed the start of the semester)?
- How can I create an appropriate assignment dropbox?
- And of course many more.
The questions are collected in categories which we hope will help you find the answer you need. Some answers are short and clear. Where there needs to be a longer answer we have linked to appropriate videos or step-by-step help resources.
If you are unable to find an answer to your question in the FAQ resource or if there is anything that you would like to discuss, we have a ‘help and support’ page which details all of the ways that you can contact us for assistance. This includes submitting your query using the self-service form or attending digital drop in which is active anytime between 9am – 4:30pm each weekday. Engineering has their own live drop in between 1 – 3pm each day.
Liz Dinneen, Learning Technology Officer
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first