January 24, 2018, by Aleisha Turner
Freshers IT Survey – The Results
The Freshers IT Survey
A total of 626 responses were received – 100 more than in 2016.
Summary of Results (for full results see sway presentation below)
On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is very easy:
- 60% of students rated online registration at 8 or above
- 62% of students rated activating their account at 8 or above
- 60% rated setting up their devices using eduroam at 8 or above
- 69% were very satisfied or satisfied with the print service (21% were unable to rate it having not yet used it).
- 63% had not needed to obtain help from IT Services. Those that had, used Smart Bars, the website or IT Service Desk
- Only 11% had not accessed any of the features of Office 365 since arriving at University
Students provided a lot of suggestions for improvements which we can action. In addition, there were also many positive comments about IT Services and our helpful, friendly approach.
On SITs Tutors: “Very useful and friendly and sorted out the issue I was having within five minutes while explaining how I could fix it if it happened again.“
On Registration: “Easy experience. Contacting IT was no problem and they were helpful and friendly.“
On Setting up devices with eduroam: “On laptop and iPad it was easy, but on my android phone it took a long time. IT services at the help desk sorted it for me very quickly.”
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply