January 14, 2020, by Chris Finch
New Engage interface in large lecture theatres
During the summer of 2019, Echo360 made some changes to the Engage lecture recording service with the introduction of a new user interface called Universal Capture. This user interface has now been installed in the large lecture theatres.
We have communicated directly with those who are scheduled to be teaching during Semester 2 in one of these large lecture theatres with the updated Echo360 interface, and offered the training sessions listed below.
While the changes are relatively simple, we do advise that colleagues check the Engage facility, familiarise themselves with the new interface and check out rooms prior to teaching.
Learn how to use the new interface
You can learn more about how to use Universal Capture by watching the screencast ‘Recording with Universal Capture’, below.
We are also offering these training sessions to all staff (please share). These can be booked on any of the dates below through Professional Development Short Courses:-
University Park Campus
- 13 January 2020 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- 23 January 2020 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Sutton Bonington Campus
- 14 January 2020 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- 21 January 2020 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- 22 January 2020 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
There is also help and guidance available on Moodle – Introduction to Engage for Staff (see Making recordings in teaching rooms).
Learning Technology Drop-ins
Although primarily intended for help with learning technologies, if you cannot attend one of the training sessions listed above we can often advise on Universal Capture.
- Thursdays term time 1-3 pm Humanities, Student Services West
- Wednesday 22nd January 1-3 pm Sutton Bonington Student Services
Every weekday, University Park:
- Science 9-11 am A10 Coates Building
- Engineering 1-3 pm A10 Coates Building
- Everyone else 9-12 E06 Teaching and Learning Building UP