March 23, 2023, by Leah Sharpe
Connecting Students with Recruiters
By Stuart Marriott, Associate Director, on behalf of the Careers and Employability Service
We know from several sources that Nottingham students go on to do amazing things. Whether it’s a volunteering opportunity, a summer internship or a graduate scheme, Nottingham students make a significant contribution and impact to many different types of organisation.
Recently, the University of Nottingham has had some excellent national recognition for the work it does with employers, students and connecting students with recruiters.
1. Ranked 24th in the Forage Experiential Learning Awards
During January, our friends at Forage created the ‘Experiential Learning Awards’ naming their top 30 universities in the UK that have transformed the student experience through work based learning.
UoN has placed 24th in this table nationally and 11th in the Russell Group. Forage ranked over 100 universities to get to this outcome, so this is an excellent result. You can review their methodology in full.
2. Ranked second in the High Fliers Graduate Labour Market Research
1. The number of graduates recruited in 2022 by firms in the Times Top 100 list jumped by 14.5%, compared with 2021
2. The latest recruitment targets for the Times Top 100 employers show that the number of graduate jobs available in 2023 is expected to increase by a further 6.3%
3. Hires in 2021, 2022 and the expected number in 2023, takes the number of graduate vacancies to 16% above the pre-pandemic peak recorded in 2019
High Fliers also published their list of universities most targeted by high profile employers. We’re pleased to share that UoN was placed second on that list. This shows just how well thought of Nottingham students and graduates are by employers and explains why so many of those recruiters support our MyCareer jobs board and Careers Fairs.
3. Ranked 8th in the RateMyPlacement Awards
On 16 March, the RateMyPlacement awards took place and UoN was identified as a top institution for work experience. We are ranked as the 8th best university for work experience opportunities, based on feedback from students on these two areas:
1. How would you rate the resources available at your university when looking for work experience?
2. How would you rate the support you received from your university when looking for work experience?
What does this mean for you as a student or graduate?
It’s great to hear from external sources just how well sought after our students and graduates are – and to get feedback from students about how well supported they feel by the University is special to us in the Careers and Employability Service too.
There are plenty of things going on this term, over the Easter break and into the summer to help you find and secure that internship, placement or graduate role.
1. Explore MyCareer jobs board for a range of work experience and internship vacancies
2. Put our upcoming Graduate Jobs Fair in your diary to chat with employers and discover live vacancies
3. Subscribe to Jobs by email to receive the latest vacancies based on your career preferences direct to your inbox
4. Don’t forget you can still access careers support after you graduate
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first