June 28, 2022, by Leah Sharpe
Just Graduated? We’ve Got Your Career Covered!
By Hannah Woolley, Careers and Employability Consultant, and Faye Haslam, Alumni Communications Manager
Achieving your degree and graduating from university is a cause for celebration. You’ve navigated your studies during a global pandemic, secured a valuable qualification, and gained a huge amount of experience. Congratulations… but not farewell! Although you might be leaving campus, we’re still here to support you as you move into the next phase of your career journey.
Did you know you can still access support from the Careers and Employability Service after you’ve finished your course? Well, you can. And, what’s more, you become a member of our alumni community, and the Alumni Engagement Team also offers a fantastic line up of support.
What’s on offer from the Careers and Employability Service?
Maybe you’ve decided exactly what you want to do and need a little help finding vacancies, applying for roles, and getting work ready. Perhaps you really don’t have a clue what your next step will be and you’d like to explore your options. Or, have you already secured a graduate job and want to build strategies for being happy and successful in your first week, month, and year? Whatever your situation, we’ve got you covered.
1. Visit our Graduating in 2022 webpage for inspiration and advice, whatever your current situation. We’ve developed nine ‘typical’ graduate scenarios to help you find the most helpful content. Each one suggests practical actions you can take to make progress right away.
2. Log into MyCareer to view hundreds of graduate job vacancies, book one-to-one appointments with our friendly advisers, and browse upcoming workshops and events. We offer both in-person and online options so whether you’re local or you’re based further afield, you can still access our support.
3. Sign up to Jobs by email to receive a sample of the latest graduate vacancies to your inbox. It’s quick and easy to do.
4. Browse our Navigating the Workplace web section for insight into the workplace. From avoiding a first-day false start to settling in and finding your groove, you’ll find expert advice alongside real-life insight and pearls of wisdom from the University of Nottingham alumni.
What’s on offer from the Alumni Engagement Team?
Your Alumni Engagement team are here to continue to fuel your learning and to help you to thrive professionally and personally.
It’s an exciting time to be a member of our alumni community with a number of brand new activities coming your way as part of our alumni experience, Connected we thrive.
1. Webinars – Develop your professional skills with top tips from our knowledgeable speakers.
2. Masterclasses – Learn a new skill with our masterclasses, hosted by experts in their field.
3. Questions for leaders – Unique access to leaders in your sector, and beyond.
4. Seminars – Top up your knowledge with our professional courses, led by academic experts.
5. Live talks – Hear from our inspirational speakers, with unique insights you won’t find anywhere else.
6. Roundtable debates – Gain a new perspective on the latest topics and trends.
7. Future proof your skills – Prepare for the world of tomorrow with bitesize talks you can listen to on the go.
8. Networking – Grow your professional and personal networks and connect with your global alumni community.
Explore how your alumni community can support you
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply