May 12, 2017, by Pauline
A NUlook NUsearch – what do you think?
Our Beta testing period has now closed and NUlook NUsearch is now LIVE. Please read our new blog for more details.
This new look NUsearch has been redesigned to provide you with a fresh interface which is cleaner and clearer, and fully responsive to mobile devices.
The beta version is available until the end of June for you to try and tell us what you think. The existing NUsearch will be fully replaced with the new version late June/early July.
How to access it
Follow the links from the existing NUsearch service, or click on the green links from the library webpages:
Here are some of the main changes and improvements you will see:
- Mobile responsive – it will resize to fit any screen size.
- Simple navigation – a top menu bar provides all the functionality you need in one place. Click on the three dots to see all the menu options full screen.
- Single search box – start typing and you will be given the choice to search All Collections, or just the Library Catalogue or Articles.
- More advanced search options – to help you carry out more specific searches you can now search by Classmark, ISBN/ISSN, Library name or Collection name using the advanced search. You can also restrict your results to a particular Language.
- Your NUsearch account – you can search NUsearch as a guest user, but for a fuller, more personalised experience we encourage you to login. Your account provides:
- My Library Card – view your library account, and request and renew library items.
- My Favourites – save, organise and export your searches and results using the pin icon. You can also view your search history. This replaces the current e-Shelf.
To sign in from the home page hover over the Guest icon in the top right hand corner. You can login in with either your IT account username and password, or library card number and pin.
- Expand Results – All the results you see in NUsearch are for resources that we hold in our libraries or have online access to. If you want to go further you now can! Just tick the Expand My Results box to see resources that we don’t currently have access to, but which might be relevant and useful to you. If you find something of interest you can click the No full-text link to see other ways to get hold of the resource you need.
See the intro video
Help and support
Answers to frequently asked questions are available to help you familiarise yourself with the new interface. Follow the FAQs link from the new NUsearch home page.
Staff in libraries are also happy to help – ask any member of staff with a green lanyard. They are eager to show you the new version!
We would like to hear what you think. What do you like or dislike? What could be improved further?
To provide feedback click this link, which is also available on the new NUsearch home page:
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first