June 28, 2017, by Katherine Beers
A world of discovery – using NUsearch
We have launched our new and improved library discovery tool NUsearch, it has been redesigned to provide you with a fresh interface that is cleaner and clearer, and fully responsive to all mobile devices.
Following on from a successful Beta trial we now bring you an upgraded NUsearch, it replaces the previous version, without any requirement for you as a user to make any changes. You will see that some of the features have not changed – it continues to be your one-stop search for all of our quality Library Collections – there are however many new exciting features which offer an improved user experience:
An improved search experience
- Single search box – start typing and you will be given the choice to search All Collections, or just the Library Catalogue or Articles
- More advanced search options – to help you carry out more specific searches you can now search by Classmark, ISBN/ISSN, Library name or Collection name using the advanced search. You can also restrict your results to a particular Language.
- Improved filter options – to sift and sort your search results into an easy to use list of resources.
- Expand Results – all the results you see in NUsearch are for resources that we hold in our libraries or have online access to.
If you want to go further you now can! Just tick the Expand My Results box to see resources that we don’t currently have access to, but which might be relevant and useful to you. If you find something of interest you can click the No full-text link to see other ways to get hold of the resource you need.
Recommendation tools that help you to make the right resource choices
- Related reading suggestions – when you enter a full article record, related reading suggestions will appear on the right hand side of the screen. If you are looking at a book entry this will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tags – a new tool allowing you to name your search and share with other NUsearchers
- Citations – links to sources that cite the article you are looking at, or sources that are cited in this article
An easier to use My Library Card account space
- Your NUsearch account – you can search NUsearch as a guest user, but for a fuller, more personalised experience we encourage you to login.To sign in from the home page hover over the Guest icon in the top right hand corner. You can login in with either your IT account username and password, or library card number and pin.
- My Library Card – view your library account, and request and renew library items.
- My Favourites – save, organise and export your searches and results using the pin icon. You can also view your search history. This replaces the current e-Shelf.
Watch our new video to find out more
Feedback and more help
We would love to hear your feedback on NUsearch so please email us if you have any comments.
If you would like help and support then you could:
- Ask a member of library staff for a demonstration or to answer questions when you are in the library
- Email the library helpline and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can
- Read our NUsearch FAQs
- Look out for our NUsearch Super Searcher library drop in sessions