November 25, 2015, by Katherine Beers
Welcome to your libraries PGRs
A very warm welcome to all our PGRs from the University of Nottingham libraries. The library service is here to help you to do well in your research, this blog post will highlight some of the useful services and resources to support your research needs.
The library website, Twitter and Blog
- the library’s website contains up-to-date information on everything, from getting started with your library service, our library induction video, details of opening hours, and how to access research resources, and lots of information about research support.
Researcher Information Skills training workshops
To support you in your research the library delivers a series of ‘Researcher Information Skills’ Workshops which will provide an overview of advanced search techniques and specialist information resources to improve and enhance literature search activities in your research area.
By the end of the session, you will be aware of:
- how to identify a range of literature databases in your subject area
- how to create and save search strategies
- how to use advanced searching techniques, such as citation searching
- how to use alerting services to help keep you up-to-date
You can find out more and book a place using the University of Nottingham short courses system
F Floor George Green Library
As noted in a previous blog posting the postgraduate study room on Floor F of the new George Green Library was described by one student as ‘heaven’ for postgrads. Why not come and have a look for yourself?
We look forward to seeing you in one of our libraries very soon!
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first