May 17, 2016, by Genelva Meikle
Happy National Vegetarian Week: Day 2
Happy Vegetarian Week to you all! Courtesy of Ingenuity Lab member and Director of Nutri2Go, Jordana Chin, we will be sharing a recipe a day with you for the whole week!
We are a day out so look out for two recipe to try today! Roll those sleeves up and get cooking! Share your creations with us today!
Recipe Number 2: Cauliflower-rice tabbouleh salad
- 400g cauliflower florets
- 120g tomatoes
- 40g/ 1 whole lemon juice
- 30g red onions, sliced thinly
- 20g currants
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or water
- 1 bunch (~10g) fresh parsley
- 1 bunch (~10g) fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil/olive oil
- Separate cauliflower florets from it’s stalk. Grate the cauliflower to rice-sized pieces using a grater or food processor.
- Heat coconut oil/olive oil in a saucepan, add the grated cauliflower together with and broth/water. Stir to mix.
- Steam the cauliflower with the lid on for about 5 minutes until tender. Check after a few minutes and add more water to avoid the bottom of the pan from burning. Put aside to cold once it’s tender.
- Add the raw red onion, lemon juice, currants, fresh parsley and mint to the cold grated cauliflower. Toss to combine.
Thank you, Jordana for sharing this with us – can’t wait for supper!