May 17, 2016, by The Ingenuity Lab
Happy National Vegetarian Week: Day 1
Happy Vegetarian Week to you all! Courtesy of Ingenuity Lab member and Director of Nutri2Go, Jordana Chin, we will be sharing a recipe a day with you for the whole week!
We are a day out so look out for two recipe to try today! Roll those sleeves up and get cooking! Share your creations with us today!
Recipe Number 1: Chilli sin carne (Chilli without meat)
- 200g Chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 200g Firm tofu, diced (can be substituted with soya mince)
- 120g Onions
- 180g Red Kidney beans, canned, drained
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 40g/1 piece Red chilli pepper, capsicum
- 1 cup Vegetable broth (choose low-sodium veg stock if using stock cubes)
- 100g Sweetcorn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mushrooms, red kidney beans, sweetcorn and vegetable broth. Bring to boil and let it simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the tofu (or soya mince).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Served with brown rice or couscous.
Thank you, Jordana for sharing this with us – can’t wait for supper!
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first