May 17, 2016, by The Ingenuity Lab
Happy National Vegetarian Week: Day 1
Happy Vegetarian Week to you all! Courtesy of Ingenuity Lab member and Director of Nutri2Go, Jordana Chin, we will be sharing a recipe a day with you for the whole week!
We are a day out so look out for two recipe to try today! Roll those sleeves up and get cooking! Share your creations with us today!
Recipe Number 1: Chilli sin carne (Chilli without meat)
- 200g Chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 200g Firm tofu, diced (can be substituted with soya mince)
- 120g Onions
- 180g Red Kidney beans, canned, drained
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 40g/1 piece Red chilli pepper, capsicum
- 1 cup Vegetable broth (choose low-sodium veg stock if using stock cubes)
- 100g Sweetcorn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mushrooms, red kidney beans, sweetcorn and vegetable broth. Bring to boil and let it simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the tofu (or soya mince).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Served with brown rice or couscous.
Thank you, Jordana for sharing this with us – can’t wait for supper!
Please do ensure you subscribe to this blog to keep updated about our events and activities! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply