May 1, 2014, by Zoë Goodwin
Transform Update (May 2014)
As you may be aware, the University is now embarking on a programme of work known as ‘Project Transform’ to deliver joined up support systems and processes throughout the student lifecycle, across the whole University. We will be engaging with Schools/Departments throughout the life of the project to ensure colleagues understand the project, the role they play in project delivery and the benefits to staff, students and the organisation.
Below are a number of key points about the project which we felt would be helpful to share at this stage:
- Project Transform is a global programme that will provide a single source of information about students throughout the lifetime of their relationship with the University. We aim to put students at the heart of everything we do.
- Project Transform is sponsored by Professor Karen Cox (Deputy Vice-Chancellor), with the full backing of the Vice-Chancellor and University Executive Board.
- Project Transform takes a comprehensive approach, summarised as “People, Process, Technology”. It is far more than merely an IT system implementation. It is about delivering a solution that the people in the University value and feel ownership for, ensuring that the most efficient processes are implemented, supported by the right technology solution.
- It will benefit from experienced project managers, process specialists and organisational change managers.
- A mixture of internal and external resources will be used so that the University’s own staff both contribute their invaluable experience and pick up project, process and change management skills. Teamwork and a collaborative style will be central to the modus operandi of Project Transform.
- Central to Project Transform will be the involvement of colleagues from across the University. The project’s change management function will engage groups of people throughout the University who both represent the views of their teams and help with the implementation of change. This will ensure that people in the University are involved in the creation of the new ways of working.
- We will be frequently updating all staff to ensure that you are kept up-to-date on progress and delivery. We will also be holding group communication sessions in which you will have the opportunity to hear more and to ask questions.
- You are most welcome to come and visit your Project Transform team. We are based at the King’s Meadow Campus on the ground floor. Please contact Kirsty Newell on 0115 74 84834 or email:email@example.com should you require directions or wish to come and meet the team.
- Please find below the initial priority areas that are being addressed – each is an individual area:
- Curriculum Management
- Student Finance & Billing
- Study & Research Management
- International Campus Mobility
- Visa Application
- Attendance Monitoring
- Student Enquiry
- Student Acceptance
- Course Delivery
- Award & Appeals
- Student Welfare & Support
- Alumni & Business Contact
- Widening Participation
- Careers, Employability and CSR
- Space Quality & Management
- Student to Tutor Interactions
- External Reporting
- Management Reporting
- Student – set up and settling in
- Frontline Teaching and Assessment Support
- Graduation & Ceremony
- External Examiner Assessments
- Governing Bodies – Reporting & Analysis
- Student Surveys
- Integration and alignment with: Teaching & Learning Programmes
- Integration and alignment with: Curriculum 2020
- Integration and alignment with: Strategy 2020
In the meantime, if you require further information or have a query as a result of this communication then please do not hesitate to contact the project team.