October 2, 2023, by uazawm
New Altmetric 1-year trial
We’re pleased to announce the University of Nottingham now has access to Altmetric Explorer for Institutions web platform on a 1-year trial. Altmetric Explorer can be used to track the ‘attention’ of outputs published by University of Nottingham researchers.
Using information from the University of Nottingham Research Repository, Altmetric Explorer monitors the global attention of our research from non-traditional sources such as public policy documents, mainstream and social media mentions and patent citations. Using this real-time data information alongside traditional citation metrics enables researchers to see the impact and reach of their research. In addition to tracking the attention UoN outputs, the full Altmetric database can be searched to track the research of other institutions.
Researchers can use the Altmetric platform to:
- See how much online attention their research is getting from the general public and the academic community.
- Compare the broader societal impact of their research with that of other researchers within their academic discipline or across different disciplines.
- Showcase the impact of their research outputs when applying for funding grants or faculty positions.
Getting started is easy, simply visit Altmetric Explorer, and you will be prompted to register using your institutional email address. An introductory video is available to learn how to navigate and search the database.
To change the homepage view to show UoN data:
- Select the Edit Search button
- Then Account Settings
- Change the Default Search Scope to “My institution only”
- Followed by the Change Search Scope button
There is also a pre-recorded training video available for further exploration of Altmetric Explorer’s key features.
If you have any questions, please email Libraryemail@example.com.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first