Close up of a person using Nusearch on a mobile phone

November 7, 2022, by Emma

NUsearch upgrade: improvements to saving items to favourites and reporting issues

Find out about the new features in the latest upgrade to the university’s library discovery tool, NUsearch.

Changes to feedback tool to report e-resource access issues

When you report a broken link using our feedback tool you will now need to provide your email and a short description of the problem.

This was previously optional, but with this additional information our staff can better help resolve the issue and let you know once access is restored.

To report an issue:

1. Select the pink exclamation icon (Report e-resource access issue) displayed in the bottom right of the screen.
  2. Select Report a broken link
  3. Use the Problem description to let us know about your access issue. The URL of the resource record you are viewing will be automatically captured so we know the resource details.
  4. Enter your email address so we can get back to you
Report e-resource access issue screen, showing required fields for problem description and enter your email.

Reminder to sign in when using My Favourites

You will see a new warning when you add a search result to My Favourites if you are not signed in. This is to remind you to sign in to ensure your items are permanently saved.

The message will appear below the My Favourites pin icon in the top menu. On mobile devices at the bottom of the page.

If you don’t sign in your saved records will be temporary and last only to the end of your search session.

NUsearch results screen showing the warning message “To permanently save items to My Favourites, remember to sign in”, in the top right of the screen under the My Favourites pin icon.

Help and support

If you have any questions our library staff are always on hand to help you, or you can:

Posted in CollectionsNUsearch