November 7, 2022, by Emma
NUsearch upgrade: improvements to saving items to favourites and reporting issues
Find out about the new features in the latest upgrade to the university’s library discovery tool, NUsearch.
Changes to feedback tool to report e-resource access issues
When you report a broken link using our feedback tool you will now need to provide your email and a short description of the problem.
This was previously optional, but with this additional information our staff can better help resolve the issue and let you know once access is restored.
To report an issue:
- Select the pink exclamation icon (Report e-resource access issue) displayed in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Report a broken link
- Use the Problem description to let us know about your access issue. The URL of the resource record you are viewing will be automatically captured so we know the resource details.
- Enter your email address so we can get back to you
Reminder to sign in when using My Favourites
You will see a new warning when you add a search result to My Favourites if you are not signed in. This is to remind you to sign in to ensure your items are permanently saved.
The message will appear below the My Favourites pin icon in the top menu. On mobile devices at the bottom of the page.
If you don’t sign in your saved records will be temporary and last only to the end of your search session.
Help and support
If you have any questions our library staff are always on hand to help you, or you can:
- Email email@example.com
- Call the Library Helpline: 0115 951 6393
- Talk to us on Live Chat (look out for the pop up on our webpages when staff are online)
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first