January 3, 2020, by Emma
Study on your schedule – 24-hour opening and study spaces
Welcome back and Happy New Year!
With the exam period beginning on Monday 13 January, we’re here to support you with your studies. Read on for details of our extended library opening hours, additional study spaces, library games zones and more.
Six of our libraries will be open 24-hours from Monday 6 January:
– Business Library (until Saturday 25 January)
– Djanogly Learning Resource Centre (until Saturday 25 January)
– Greenfield Medical Library (until Friday 3 April)
– George Green Library (until Saturday 25 January)
– Hallward Library (until Saturday 25 January)
– James Cameron-Gifford Library (until Saturday 25 January)
Visit the Libraries website for a full list of 24-hour opening times for 2020.
Can’t find a space to study in one of our libraries? We have reserved additional study spaces across our campuses for you to study in throughout the exam period.
Visit the Study Anywhere website to check which rooms are available.
Take a break
It’s important to take breaks during your revision and we’re here to help with our Room to Study service and Library Games Zones.
Room to Study
Pick up a Room to Study flyers in libraries and fill in the back to let library staff know that you’re taking a short break and will be return shortly. Don’t forget to take your valuables with you.
If you are gone for more than 30 minutes, our library staff will move your belongings to free up the space for others.
Library Games Zone
Press pause on your studies and play away your stress in our Library Games Zone.
You’ll find Lego, solo and group board games, colouring-in and more.
Library services during 24/7
– Self-service loans, returns and reservation collection
– Bookable group and individual study spaces. How to book
– Access available library PCs and printers. Top up your printer credit online
– Access assistive technology spaces – ask library staff for more details
– Borrow laptops for up to three hours from our loan lockers
– Search our collections, manage your library account and pay fines on NUsearch
Help us to keep spaces clean and tidy by clearing away any rubbish in the recycling and general waste bins.
You’re welcome to eat cold food and drink hot and cold beverages (no alcohol) in any of our library zones. Hot food should be eaten in cafes only. Please avoid ordering takeaways to the libraries.
Stay safe and secure
During 24/7 opening, we aim to provide a safe and secure study environment for students and researchers who prefer to study late at night or early in the morning. We partner with a Security Company to keep our libraries open after our library staff leave for the day.
Please don’t leave belongings unattended because thefts are still possible.
If you need any help during 24/7, please ask at our library entrance desks.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply