August 7, 2019, by Emma
NUsearch August 2019 update – new ways to discover resources
The latest upgrade of NUsearch, our online library discovery tool is now live. The latest changes introduce a new digital gallery, A-Z database search, improved exporting options and various bug fixes.
Full details and how to instructions for the new features are available in the release notes.
Manuscripts and Special Collections Digital Gallery
Discover a fascinating selection of digitised photographs, illustrations, maps and other documents held by Manuscripts and Special Collections with our new Digital Gallery.
The collection contains around 1,500 digital items and replaces the previous Historic Collections Online interface.
New A-Z Database search
You can now browse databases by subject area and A-Z titles with our new database search.
Export to Mendeley
If you use the Mendeley reference management system, you can now export from a NUsearch record to Mendeley using the new option within the ‘Send to’ menu.
Vancouver citation style
You can now select the Vancouver style from the list of citation options within the ‘Send to’ menu.
My Library Card
It’s now easier to see which of your loans will not be auto-renewed.
In your My Library Card Loans section a Not Renewable indicator is now shown next to any loans which cannot be renewed.
If you hover over the icon the reason why the item is not renewable will be shown. Reasons could include:
- the item is recalled by another borrower
- there is a block on your library record e.g. a bill has been sent for an overdue book
- the item is not renewable e.g. a laptop loan that is not auto-renewable
Bug fixes in the latest update include:
- Changing the wording of the green link to electronic resources from Full text available online to Available online. This is to better reflect the full range of different electronic resources you can access.
- Simplifying the My Library Card personal details tab to remove unnecessary information about library notices. The tab now includes your user category, expiry date, post and email address.
- A new Load more results button has been added to My Favourites (Saved Records) so you don’t need to keep scrolling to see all of the results.
We want your feedback
We hope you like the improvements we have made to NUsearch. Download the August 2019 release dates (PDF)
If you have any questions or feedback our library staff are always on hand to help or you can:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0115 951 6393
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first