January 4, 2016, by Lee Chrimes
Top 12 Moments of 2015!
UoN Sport hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We can’t wait to see what the year ahead has in store, so we thought now is a great time to reflect on some of our achievements of 2015.
Here are our top 12 moments – one for every month!
1.January – 200 local school children met the stars of our National Badminton League team at our NBL Community Day.
2. February – 150 University of Nottingham students descended on Sheffield to take part in the BUCS Nationals, and the Women’s Judo Team left with a BUCS Gold!
3. March – 4 out of 5 UoN finals were won at BUCS Big Wednesday including Men’s Hockey who beat Loughborough on their home turf, and Men’s and Women’s Table Tennis who beat rivals Nottingham Trent University (NTU).
4. April – 472 committee members were trained up for new committee roles at our Club Training weekend; the most in the history of UoN Sport!
5. May – UoN beat NTU 12-8 in the 2015 Varsity series!
6. June – UoN Students and alumni battled each other to a standstill at Alumni Sports Challenge, the scores tied at eleven victories each. UK host Tri Campus Games!
7. July – Demolition of UP Sports Centre completed to make way for the new David Ross Sports Village.
8. August – Entered 111 teams into BUCS; the most of any university!
9. September – Sports Festival during Welcome Week involved 72 clubs showcasing their sports, 500 tins of Engage beans being handed out, and 762 students signing up to IMS.
10. October – Leadership Academy officially launched, offering opportunities for students to develop their wider skills through coaching in clubs, leading in schools, or officiating.
11. November – UoN Wheelchair Basketball Team formed and won the first tournament they entered!
12. December – Women’s Individual Squash BUCS Gold won by Hana Ramadan!
What are your best memories from 2015? Tell us in the comments below. Now, let’s see what 2016 has in store #GreenandGold !