March 13, 2014, by Graham Kendall

Twitter at the Global Citizenship Workshop

This week saw UNMC host, and organise, the Global Citizenship Workshop.

Congratulations should go to all those involved. The sessions I attended were very good, and very well attended, and I hope that it is the catalyst for developing the various strands that were debated (and, of course scientific publications, but I have to say that :-)).

I hope that the conference organisers will write up the conference so that we can feature it on this blog (as well as the KWBN blog) but, in this post, I particularly want to focus on the Twitter feed, as I think that this was a great initiative.

At the start of the conference a Twitter hash tag was introduced, along with a competition. Delegates were invited to tweet about the event, specifically being asked to give their view as to what makes a good global citizen.

I think that this is a great idea as it involves the delegates in real time but, probably more importantly, it takes the conference outside of the conference venue and, hopefully, engages even more people.

If you want to see what was said about the conference, take a look at the #U21GC hash tag.

Posted in ConferenceMediaSocial Media