January 27, 2014, by Graham Kendall
University of Malaya and University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus Sign Dual PhD MOA
On the 24 Jan 2014, the University of Malaya (UM) and the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the two institutions to cooperate on a dual PhD program.
This program is a follow up to the recently completed Malaysia Nottingham Doctoral Program (MNDP). This new initiative uses MNDP as a basis and, we hope, improves on it.
The main elements of the program are as follows:
- Students register, and study, at both UM and UNMC
- They will receive a dual PhD
- There is the opportunity to spend up to a year at one of Nottingham’s other campuses
- There is the possibility for one of the supervisors to travel to visit the student whilst they are study abroad
- The students will form a cohort in the hope that they can utilise the skills and experience of other members of the cohort
We hope that this program will not only be very successful but will also be the catalyst for many other collaborative programs between the two institutions.
Over the coming weeks/months, we will be arranging various activities in order to promote the program and attract students who wish to register.