September 17, 2013, by Graham Kendall
Excellence in Research and Commercialisation
Last week (10-11 Sep 2013) UNMC organised a AKEPT workshop entitled Excellence in Research and Commercialisation. It was aimed at senior managers (up to VC level) in (predminantly) public universities.
We (I should say our Provost) proposed the workshop and what started as just an idea turned into quite a large event, which was attended by about 50 delegates and also had a large UNMC/UNUK presence.
The University’s presence was there as we provided all the speakers and facilitators.
The talks (which were all supported by Actions Learning Sets) were as follows:
- Leadership in Higher Education (Professor Christine Ennew, Provost/CEO/Vice-Chancellor, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)
- Market Led Innovation and Higher Education Research (Dr David Dent, CEO, Dent Associates Ltd.)
- Commercialising Research Innovations – Models and Methods (Dr Susan Huxtable, Director of Property Management and Commercilaisation, University of Nottingham, UK)
- Models for University-Business Engagement (Dr Angelina Yee, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)
- Platforms for International Research Collaboration (Professor Christine Ennew, Provost/CEO/Vice-Chancellor, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus and David Crowley, University of Nottingham, UK)
- Stakeholder Communication and Engagement (Professor Tom Rodden, University of Nottingham, UK)
- Working aith and Securing Funding from the EU (David Crowley, University of Nottingham, UK)
We should pass our thanks onto Anglelina and her team (Tiffany a/p Kovalan and Theng Zhen Yew) who were instrumental in organising the event, as well as the UNMC facilitators (Chris Hill, Law ChungLim, Nashiru Billa, Chong Mei Fong and Avvari Mohan).
The picture below is a group picture of all the delegates/speakers/facilitators. We hope to have some more picture available soon, as well as the presentation slides.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first