Two students posing by the Robin Hood statue

December 10, 2016, by Grace

I chose to study at the University of Nottingham because…

I chose the University of Nottingham for my undergraduate degree for a number of reasons.

Academic reputation

I was looking to study Law, so it was important to me that the Law School had a good reputation and was well-liked by students at the University. When I attended the Open Day and spoke to current students they only spoke positively about their experience. I also got to speak to some of the professors and tutors who would be teaching me and found them interesting and enthusiastic. This spoke volumes to me and was reason number one that I wanted to study at the University of Nottingham.

Lots of opportunities for sport!

Another big factor for me was that the University of Nottingham has a hugely diverse and active Sports Department. When I joined in September 2014 the David Ross Sports Village was yet to be built, nevertheless the great sports facilities and range of activities got me thinking about all of the sports I could try and different disciplines I could gain a taste of. Since the opening of the David Ross Sports Village this reason has become a frontrunner for why I am glad I chose the University of Nottingham as it has enriched my University experience. I have had the opportunity to try climbing, represent the University in Ladies Hockey, participate in group exercise classes, have one-to-one training sessions.

The chance to study abroad

Finally, the University has a wide array of studying abroad options available to all students. Many of my course mates are currently studying in countries like Brazil, Germany, Spain and Singapore. One of the great things about studying abroad through the University is that there are options to study abroad for a single semester. This means that you still have the opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture without having to take a whole year out. Despite not actually utilising this option, it had a huge influence on why I chose to study here.

Posted in Before applyingStudying hereUniversity life