March 14, 2017, by Shweta

10 Things To Be Grateful For

As we close in on our much-awaited Easter break, university has been kicking us in the gut just a little bit harder. With a particularly difficult week ahead of me, I decided to dedicate this blog post to a few things that I am grateful for.

1. University education at a great university. As tiring as it is now, all these deadlines and lectures are leading up to something amazing.

1. The internet. Having unlimited access to information is something we take for granted much too often.

1. SPAR and Mooch have started accepting student cards! Now I don’t have to feel my heart break every time I swipe my debit card at everyone’s favourite student bar.

Mooch serves some great food!

1. SPRING! With the double-digit temperatures we’ve been having off late, it’s the perfect time to enjoy Nottingham’s beautiful campus.

1. The upcoming Easter break. With less than a month to go for the holidays, we’re all set for something new. Whether you’re going back home to some of mum’s cooking or on a vacation to somewhere new, I bet it’s going to be a great break from uni life.

1. Bertie the Hallward cat. My favorite part of heading to the library is a little play time with Nottingham’s unofficial mascot.

1. Hopper Buses. University Park, while beautiful, is a tad bit too big for a lazy student like myself. While I enjoy the occasional walk around the lake, I am immensely grateful for the hopper buses.

1. Savoy Cinemas. £4.50 for students? How could we not be grateful?

Catch a movie without breaking the bank!

1. The entire Friends series. After years of having watched and re-watched it multiple times, every episode still manages to crack me up. At the end of the day, Friends is just the pick me up we all need.

1. Being alive. Over 70,000 people have died today. We’re not one of them, and that, however clichéd, is something to be grateful about.

Exhausted and waiting to return home for the holidays? Didn’t get enough sleep last night (or the many nights before that)? Developed a coffee addiction? That’s ok, we can get through this together.

Until next time,

Shweta

Posted in Shweta