June 11, 2013, by Beca

Home.

It’s a feeling some of you have probably experienced by now, making the long journey home and just flopping onto the sofa because your parents are going to take care of everything.  There are clean bed sheets on your bed, washing up just magically does itself and the best thing? You can run a bath without feeling guilty, two nights in a row!

It’s just a short visit for me, decided almost spur of the moment when dad thwarted my plans to surprise him for Father’s Day by telling me he was going to Download.  How many 50 years olds go to download ?!?! Oh well.

My adorable little (or not so little) doggie

I was re-united with Kaiser, my rouge of a dog who’s decided to live up to his namesake “Prince” and act like a pampered thing himself wanting to dictate what you do as opposed to being taken for a walk.  Walking… yes, I’ve done a lot of walking.

IMAG0571

In search of untoppable lunchtime views with my church community group in the Peak District

Apparently you can go on group walks round here, my mum just invited me randomly

I was subjected to mother’s disapproving eye as per usual.

• In January I was too thin. Apparently having to cook for myself meant I wasn’t eating enough food.
  • In April I was fat.  Apparently having to cook for myself meant I was eating too much food.
  • At Christmas I was doing too much.
  • At Easter I was too lazy.

This time however the only bad thing she has to say was about my pores.  Of all things!! But in the grand scheme of things, it’s basically a compliment.

IMAG0575

Can’t top being outside, mother nature agrees with me

After much pestering from the younglings I made cakes with my brothers and even did some gingerbread men decorating in the park, because I’m that cool!

IMAG0583

At least they look nice

IMAG0586

It’s a work of art! Yes, the smarties look a little silly but it’s supposed to have flowers tattooed on it…

It’s been a fun few days but I miss my friends already.  I miss being in my house.  I miss Nottingham.

Posted in 2012 Beca