September 16, 2014, by Graham Kendall

Big Data and Analytics: New Malaysian Web Site

Unless you have been living on another planet, you can hardly have failed to miss the term Big Data.

Whether Big Data is a new discipline, or simply an incremental development of areas such as Data Mining, Prediction Algorithms etc. is open to debate and discussion (in my view).

Another area that is receiving attention is Analytics. Again, it is open to discussion, whether this is simply a development of Operations Research but I note that Palgrave, which publishes the Journal of the Operational Research Society (which I am proud to be an Assocaite Editor), is looking at the possibility of publishing a new journal that focusses on Analytics.

So, whether we believe that Big Data and Analytics are new, or just developments of existing areas, it looks like they are here to stay.

I was very interested to see that Malaysia has just released a new web site, called Big Data and Analytics Malaysia.

It looks quite new but already has quite a lot of content, and useful information. Well worth a look, if you have an interest in this area.

Header Image: Big Data (downloaded from Google (16 Sep 2014), CC 3.0 – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BigData_2267x1146_white.png)

Posted in Media