August 23, 2016, by Dushy

It’s the FINAL Blog post

Hello, hello, hello, yes it has been a VERY LONG time since I last blogged. I apologise for being a bit out of the loop. A lot has happened since my last blog post, so lets have a little round up on what’s happened.

Post results trip to New York!

As soon as my results were out, my mum and I jetted off to New York in search of my graduation dress. Me being me, I would have had the same dress as someone else if I had bought it in England. We got the dress, we left the EU at that time, we were poor in New York (silly pound), trip was over! 🙁

Standard New York picture

Standard New York food picture

Graduation

The day finally came where I would be handed my certificate (where that certificate is now, I have no idea). It was a long day that started at around 11am with getting ready and then the actual ceremony wasn’t until 5pm. Who knows how we managed to kill the time, but it was done, I walked across that stage and DID NOT FALL!

Only smiling because they said my name wrong

No time to celebrate after graduation as a couple of days later came….

CHINA

With 5 months between the end of uni and until I started work, I of course did the student thing and booked a spontaneous 3-week travelling trip away to China. It is something that every student should try and do during their long uni summer, as you never get an experience quite like it.

Even though it was 3 weeks, we still managed to do so much. I travelled around in a group and we visited Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing just to name a few places. I could sit here all day typing out all the stories that happened, but I’ll just let the pictures do the talking.

Just practicing my tea picking skills

Just practicing my tea picking skills

Shanghai was just beautiful!

Shanghai was just beautiful!

The Great Wall, has stairs, too many stairs!

Yes, we actually visited the place where the final scenes of Mulan is set in!

My graduation/late 21st birthday party

Even though my birthday was in January, this does not stop my parents wanting to throw me a very late birthday and joint graduation party. Spookily enough on the 21st August we were celebrating my 21st birthday and my 2:1, coincidence? Or maybe we’re just reading a bit too into it. Anyway all I really wanted for this party was a bouncy castle and sumo wrestling suits (yes I am a big kid). So my family embraced my weird requests and the party was a hit!

The kids party I have always dreamed of!

Seen as this is my final blog post get ready for a soppy ending. It’s been a great pleasure to blog for the uni and has been so much fun!

Advice for new Freshers: you will love every moment that you are here at Nottingham, so go and enjoy it and remember us alumni who wish we were you!

Thank you Notts, it’s been a pleasure!

xx

Posted in Dushy