July 5, 2016, by Emer
8 Ways To Beat Summer Holiday Boredom
- Marathon a whole TV show. My recommendations at the moment are: Community, Gilmore Girls, and Parks and Recreation . You can also check out Emma’s blog post about good TV shows to watch this summer here.
- Get ahead on your reading for next semester: *imagine me nodding intelligently at a book of early modern poetry*
- Give up on that and read something trashy/more fun: *cut to me giving up on the poetry and rereading the Harry Potter books for the five-millionth time*
- Listen to the Hamilton cast album. No, seriously, it’s on Spotify and I promise you will love it. GO listen to Hamilton!
- Explore your hometown – find somewhere you haven’t been before. Last time I was home I found this cute little garden area hidden in the local park
- Write something. It doesn’t have to be the next War and Peace, but writing is a great way of keeping your brain ticking over in the summer. Whether it be that novel you’ve always wanted to write, a blog about your life, or fanfiction of your favourite TV show, give it a try!
- Bake a cake. Pros: you get to make delicious cake, you get to eat delicious cake. Cons: literally none.
- Try volunteering. This is a great way to help out with something you care about, as well as keeping yourself busy and meeting new people. Research volunteering opportunities in your area, or if you’re in Nottingham, the Student’s Union has information here and here.
But most of all, remember to relax and enjoy yourself! xxx
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first