June 16, 2016, by Dushy

Results Day

It is coming up to the end of the academic year and most of us will be receiving our results on the final Friday from our tutors or on Bluecastle the following Monday. For me this results day would be the last time I would ever have to have those horrible nightmares about missing out on the grades. It was an emotional one as I found out I will be graduating with a 2:1, which means I will definitely be on a graduate scheme with Accenture from October! I can’t actually believe my 3 years at uni has ended and luckily enough for me it has ended on a high.

However for anyone who did not manage to get the grades they wanted, it is not the end. Last year I passed second year with a 2:2 thinking no way would I be able to bump it up to a 2:1 in my final year. But having that fear and pressure put on me, worked in my favour, as I was even more determined this year to not let my grades slip.

So here are a couple of tips on how to calm those results day nerves and bounce back ready to work again the following year.

• Everything happens for a reason

Throughout uni I have been a strong believer in this phrase. What happens now may seem like the end of the world, but you will look back on those experiences and be glad that they have made you in to a stronger person.

• There’s a job out there for everyone

No matter what grade you have or experience, as long as you have drive and passion you will find the job perfect for you. Just keep researching, and as I did you will just stumble across the perfect role.

• A 2:1 can be just as good as a 1st

Someone once told me that firms look for people with a 2:1 or above, as they like to know you’re a well rounded person who not only is good at academics, but can juggle extra curricular activates as well.

• Don’t give up

If you are entering your final year next year, just remember you only have to give it one more final push and all that hard work will be worth it. Don’t lose hope and believe that you can end your uni experience with an amazing grade that you deserve.

Good luck to everyone receiving results and enjoy your well deserved, long summer break!