November 27, 2013, by Sarah

“Learning” – ish.

Wooo Christmas is soon! Yay so excited!

Humbug.

I don’t know about you, but for me this is a stressful period in term. Beginning to sense home is near, but there’s just so much to do before then! This week has been quite stressful, and it looks like it will continue to be.

But I’m a student and students are meant to learn things. So here are the things I have learnt this week:

1. This is not good presentation of crumble

crumble

My parents visited on Sunday (woohoo!) and we went out for a lovely meal, they did everything well, a part from the crumble presentation I think. Presentation was better for the other dishes:

pie chickenhaggis

cheesecake oak

treacle sponge

Yum!

But raspberry coulis on a rhubarb and apple crumble is not necessary 😛

2. If you shut down your computer more regularly then this won’t happen

updates

My housemates computer was being really slow, so I suggested she should shut it down every so often,  in stead of hibernating.

However I didn’t realise she hadn’t shut it down since before term.

89 updates – 2 hours of life.

Lesson learnt.

Also, I wish I could just update my brain with buttons. When we sleep are we configuring our updates? Is my life one long computer program? Hey this would be a great film! Oh wait…

Never mind.

Never mind.

3. Advent calendars are awesome

advent 2 advent

My parents brought me this cardboard advent calendar we got in sale a previous year and kept the packaging, and got Thorntons mint selection to put in it. Well excited!

However then my mum casually said she’s never had an advent calendar. Cue me feeling awful – that’s care home upbringing for you 🙁 However my bro should be getting one, or I will, so it’s all good :S

4. When classic fm is on, the workload is serious.

I never thought I’d turn to it, but now I’m listening to ” Severn Wonders: Suite for Orchestra (4) by Stuart Mitchell” – apparently.

It’s good, actually,

classic fm

5. Being creative is important for me. I made Christmas cards the other day, and it was very soothing.

I don't know what this is. I just found it.

I don’t know what this is.  I just found it. Don’t judge me

I have had a mock job interview and a presentation this week, and I have a clinical exam tomorrow which is pretty terrifying. However, this weekend I have friends coming to stay, so there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

light at end

In fact, it looks like Christmas lights 🙂

Have a lovely week everyone!

Posted in Sarah