June 14, 2013, by Gemma

#YOGO – You Only Graduate Once

I am really enjoying this freedom. Lie-ins everyday. No particular rush to get anywhere. Last minute plans. ‘Tis the life! With all this free time, I might even start reading Game of Thrones. Not sure I can wait a whole year until the next season.

Adorable bunny

Adorable bunny

After an awesome holiday in Spain, I was in London for a few days, which involved going to my cousin’s birthday party. She has 2 new adorable rabbits. They are cute, but I’d still prefer a dog…or meerkats.

A day later my family finally noticed my temporary tattoo, but dismissed it as fake straight away. What a shame.

Graduation ball

Last night was the incredible Graduation Ball. We opted for entertainment only, and organised our own dinner at Le Bistrot Pierre. I had a yummy lamb dish with veg and potatoes. Afterwards we went to the designated pick-up point and travelled by bus to Colwick Hall Hotel. It was lovely seeing everyone all dressed up; such a variety of dresses! One lady had a lovely gown that was neon pink and yellow.

YOGO

Graduation Ball

There was an oxygen bar, casino and fireworks display. My housemate was so good at Blackjack; she literally couldn’t get rid of her chips. We eventually just had to walk away from our “winnings”.

Too good at blackjack

Too good at blackjack

Fireworks display

Fireworks display

My favourite part was the silent disco. It was hilarious taking off your headphones and watching everyone dance crazily and sing along…out of tune.

Silent disco

Silent disco

The official party at Rescue Rooms was a great end to the night. Really packed but really good music. Definitely worth the tiredness I’m experiencing today. I am not in the mood to cook, so Chinese takeaway it is then.

Back next Fri! 🙂

Posted in 2012 Gemma