May 7, 2013, by Beca

Rugby and Crab Spiders

Thanks to this week’s field course write up deadline I am practically dreaming about spiders but this weekend was a bank holiday so I can’t all be work can it now?

My break from work came in the form of a rugby game; a rather drawn out whole day to be a little more honest with myself.  11am meet to  sample some of chef’s rather delicious bacon butties before leaving for Chilwell on the coach.  While the players warmed up, us spectators had a go ourselves which resulted in myself falling flat on my butt while chasing after the ball (I was in primark pumps and the ground was wet, ok!?!)

262458_10152807635660385_429173397_n

Very quickly our attempts were discarded to those parts of your mind you do your best not to think about and instead we proceeded to be shown up by an 8 year old while playing frisbee.

The match began and out came the camera, it’s some of the most fun I’ve had doing photography purely because of the pace of it.  I didn’t get loads of amazing shots but the ones I did weren’t half bad.

DSC_0163 DSC_0136 DSC_0072

In the end, EMU XV (the one’s in green) won and brought home the cup, until next year

The match was follower by a curry supper and then drinks in the mess, all rather civilised.  It wasn’t to be, good old peer pressure ensured that instead of leaving at 8pm and going home to work on my essay some more I ended up getting in sometime after 2am thanks to a trip into town to dance the night away…. I suffered for it the next day when my coursework demanded my attention.

So maybe my bank holiday was a little tame but how did you spend yours?

Posted in 2012 Beca