January 27, 2013, by Kiran

Retail Therapy

After writing the title of this blog, I suffered from a spontaneous case of ‘Oh-my-God-I-am-in-third-year-what-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life?!’ and so immediately asked Google to help me solve this problem by searching for internships or Masters degrees.

However, earlier this week my only decision was whether to buy a blazer or some sparkly jeans or both. Even then I had to go into town twice to decide and I’m planning to go in again tomorrow, my indecisive nature not filling me with the greatest faith in my ability to make important decisions about my future.

Looking at how much these Masters cost though I can’t really afford to splash out on a MacDonalds never mind a blazer never mind a blazer for every day of the week like I originally hoped for. Luckily I have some vouchers I can use but after that no more new anything!

27012013087[1]27012013088[1]27012013089[1]

I bought the blazer. But I did wear it in my presentation based on theatre as a business so really it was a necessary prop to convey my point across! If I don’t get a first I will return it though so do not worry.  Also, I just want to stress that I did not buy all these blazers in the same week but I was simply trying to emphasise that I am one step closer to the ‘7 blazers for 7 days’ dream.

Basically, I don’t really think retail therapy works for me. Maybe I should try real therapy.

p.s. I didn’t buy the sparkly jeans in case anyone was wondering. Anyone? No? Okay.

Posted in 2012 Kiran