January 4, 2013, by Gemma

My 2012 in Pictures

A year ends and so a new one begins. It only seems fitting to look back on 2012, so here are some highlights of my year:

New Year's 2012

New Year’s 2012

2012

YOLO

Watching the fireworks on the River Thames for NYE. My friends and I travelled into London on public transport with “2012” written on our faces. We got a few strange looks, but hey, you only live once!

Pensioner, Paper, Pencil

Pensioner, Paper, Pencil

Best birthday present ever!

Best birthday present ever!

My 20th birthday was really special, as some of my best friends from home came to Nottingham for it. Plus, my housemates got me a stuffed meerkat toy. Joy! The theme was ‘P’, so I spent the night with pirates, pencils, Pacman, pilots, painters and pixies. Games included pass the parcel and pin the tail on the parrot.

Societies Ball

Societies Ball

Best Event Award

Best Event Award

The Societies Ball is an annual awards ceremony for the University’s societies’ committees. It’s a really fun occasion that everyone dresses up for. The peak of the night was when Nottingham Entrepreneurs (of which I was Finance Director) won best event for the Apprentice Challenge. Success!

City girls

City girls

Meeting DJ Ironik

Meeting DJ Ironik

My 6-week internship at Barclays Investment Bank was an amazing experience. I met so many hardworking and dedicated people, and made some really good friends. I even met DJ Ironik on a night out with the interns. Random!

Ecstatic to see meerkats

Ecstatic to see meerkats

London Zoo

London Zoo

Seeing meerkats in person for the first time. In case you didn’t know, I am obsessed with meerkats! So inevitably, I spent most of my day at London Zoo near the meerkat enclosure. Of course, there were other cool animals there too, like the penguins. But nothing beats meerkats! Nothing!

River cruise

River cruise

Seeing the sights

Seeing the sights

My Aunts and their children came to London from Nigeria. We took them to Madame Tussauds and on a boat ride on the River Thames. It was really cool seeing them after so many years and showing them the sights.

Sun, beach, sand

Sun, beach, sand

Costa Brava boat ride

Costa Brava boat ride

Beach holiday in Costa Brava with my best mate. There’s nothing more satisfying than just lying on a beach under a clear blue sky and the hot sun shining down on you. Spain also had some really tasty seafood paella and sangria. Yum yum!

Thank you to all the friends and family I spent the year with, who made it truly unforgettable! (I know, slightly cheesy end, but it had to be done.)

Bring on 2013!

Posted in 2012 Gemma