December 11, 2012, by Shane

Its the little things this Christmas

Final week is here! Can you believe it? I feel like it was freshers, I blinked, and now we’re here. Deadlines are done or nearly so and now we’re realising how much revision we have to do over the holidays for January exams. When will it end?

I find that at this time of year everyone’s so busy, we can forget to enjoy the holidays – we need to remember it’s a time of festivities and celebrations. So, to make sure you don’t miss out, I thought up some things to do so the holidays are not purely work orientated:

• Have a house Christmas meal (or if you’re a fresher, you’ll have your hall formal dinner to enjoy) – Christmas is all about the food so make sure you get some turkey and pull a cracker this season. Why wait till Christmas day to do so?
  • Try a Costa or Starbucks special edition Christmas drink – the eggnog latte is yum!
  • Count down the days with an advent calendar – if you can resist not eating all the chocolates in one sitting.
  • WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES – Elf, Love Actually and A Christmas Carol are annual musts!

“SANNNNNNNNTA. I know him!”

• Take a trip to the cinema – I love family outings to the cinema at Christmas time and there are some awesome films out this year including: Great Expectations, The Hobbit and Les Miserables
  • Pig out on chocolates – tis the season after all
  • Attend a carol service – I tend to mime because hearing my voice is not good for anyone’s ears
  • Visit a Christmas market – even if it’s just to drink mulled wine and walk around. It’s bound to get you feeling festive

So this holiday, don’t work too hard and remember to have some fun! Have a Merry Christmas and a jolly Happy New Year!

Posted in 2012 Shane