October 29, 2012, by Shane

Me, myself and I

It has come to my attention that I’ve done things a bit backwards with these blogs. Unlike my fellow bloggers who began blogging with a blog about themselves, I launched myself right into blogging about stuff and never really told you anything about the guy behind the keyboard.

Therefore, this week I’m taking a step back and giving you the 411 on me, myself and I (Well maybe not that much detail, I do have a word limit).

I’m sure you’ve gathered by now the name’s Shane and I’m a second year English and American Studies student. I LOVE my course; my leaning tower of academia never seems to go down, but that’s what an English degree is all about: reading. I’m also very fortunate to be in the position of applying for a year abroad at the moment, so hopefully this time next year I will be studying at a University on the other side of the Atlantic. My top five choices at the moment are:

• University of Arizona, Tucson
  • College of New Jersey, Ewing
  • University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
  • Middlebury College, Vermont
  • William & Mary College, Williamsburg, Virginia

However, these are subject to change. As I’ve never been to America before, I’d love to hear from people who have visited any of these states and what they thought of their experiences!

Where shall I go?

This year I’m juggling my degree with this blog, being part of the English committee, volunteering, gyming/running, and trying to have a life!  I also intend to try and get involved with both Impact (the Uni magazine) and the New Theatre; there are so many awesome opportunities available at University that you’ll probably never get the chance to do ever again, I just want to try them all!

I also would love to be part of a sports team, however I ticked that box last year by being part of Nottingham’s swim team. This year swimming is taking a backseat to other activities because I’ve been doing it for almost ten years now and want to try other things (wow, sounds like I’m breaking up with the sport … I just need some time #itsnotyouitsme #nahitsyou).

So thats kinda me in a nutshell. Oh, I come from a town near Bristol (farmer land) but was born and raised in Zimbabwe, so if you ever meet me that’s what my weird twang of an accent is about 🙂

Posted in 2012 Shane