February 14, 2012, by Kay

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’ve just tired out my throat repeatedly shouting, ’20p a cake guys!!! all proceeds goes to UNICEF!!’

As the day was coming to an end and we were down to our last and most miserable looking cakes, we were trying to flog them in our last few minutes. In the end, we got there though, we managed to get rid of everything. (YES!!! :-))

cupcake flirting

For Β the past couple of nights I’ve been (attempting to) bake Valentine’s themed cakes. It’s times like these that faith in humanity is restored when I see the eager smiles of volunteers who blatantly spent hours selflessly baking, spent loads of money on ingredients just to help. And all the lovely volunteers who come and help us sell all day it’s super nice.

The grand total from a day of cake selling was Β£323.60. yippeee πŸ˜€

A committee member from Saudi Arabian Society even randomly came up to us to tell us they wanted to give profits from their events as well! Β πŸ˜€ Yayyy how nice is that!

Tonight I’m going to see The Muppets (awesome!) and have a nice meal out. Like most kids growing up, I loved the Muppets (none of the shoddy shows that they have on kids telly these days like anything Miley Cyrus related) and I was amazed to see a hilarious advert for Cravendale milk with Kermit the Frog and Pepe the Shrimp in it. (pssst!…follow this link πŸ˜‰ )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGvYd9-OCU

Hope this video makes you smile πŸ™‚

And I hope everyone’s happy with their exam results! If not then don’t worry my friend, for where there is a second semester, there is hope πŸ˜‰

Love, Kay

Posted in 2011-Kay