November 22, 2011, by Kay

From Hallward to Nandos: Dissertation Nightmares to Chicken Goodness

Motivational Message

Hooray!! My dissertation proposal has been approved!! Words cannot describe the mammoth weight that lifted off my shoulders last Wednesday!

In the Economics with Chinese stream, the dissertation is 6000-8000 words in an area related to China. By Wednesday I needed to have chosen my research topic, my dissertation title, my research methods and my thesis structure.

….just the thought of this had me silently screaming ‘ARGGGHH!!!’ as I literally couldn’t decide on anything for a very long time 🙁

Eventually I stuck massive pieces of flipchart paper on my wall, got some crayola pens and visually planned my work.

Definitely found this easier as I usually like to mind-map my work.

Over 7 days I eventually came up with my title and wrote the 1000 words I needed in Hallward Library (the biggest library on main campus and the second home to many students on a deadline).

…only 7000 words to go. (ARGHHH!)

Aside from this I also caught up with my coursemates in Nando’s this week.

I totally forgot how much I LOVE the wild herb sauce on their chicken–> AMAZING!

I also went to a popular Indian restaurant  in town called Tamatanga’s on Thursday where I got a fantastic lamb curry dish with rice (I bet my photo is making you hungry right now).

Hopefully this week I can crack on with another 1000 words. Take it one step at a time!

Lamb Muglai and Rice from Tamatanga

mind mapping

Posted in 2011-Kay