September 19, 2016, by Franziska Koch
Job opportunity: 3 freelance adjunct researchers, Tate Research Centre: Asia, London, UK, closing date: 30 Oct 2016
Tate Research Centre: Asia is seeking to engage three experienced researchers of modern and contemporary Asian art with in-depth, specialist knowledge of East Asian art, South Asian art or South East Asian art, to conduct research for the centre.
The principal tasks include: undertaking original research; publishing detailed studies on the modern and contemporary Asian art; and assisting with the planning and delivering of the TRC: Asia’s programme.
Details (see original post here)
• Each contract is offered on a 12 months freelance contract up to 30 November 2018.
• The proposed form of contract that we will enter into with the successful candidates may be seen in Appendix A of the job listing. The time spent on the work is flexible and discretionary however the institution expects the Adjunct Researcher to devote sufficient time to fulfil their obligations under the contract.
• The presence of the Adjunct Researcher is expected at the TRC Asia’s events in London and the region, and on a limited number of other agreed trips.
• Fee: £30,000 per annum (fully inclusive of all travel and disbursements).
Please submit the following in PDF format (no larger than 8 MB) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1700 GMT on 30 October 2016:
• A covering letter outlining why you think you are right for the role (1 page)
• A brief research proposal (circa 1,000 words)
• Two specimens of research publications
• A current CV
• Two references
After a shortlisting process, the final selection of candidates will be invited to an interview in November 2016.
Please note: Owing to Tate’s status as a public institution and to avoid any conflict of interest issues we regret that applications from those working in the commercial sector (e.g. commercial galleries and auction houses) cannot be accepted.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first