July 31, 2015, by Ryan Neal
Meet the team: Simon Tonkiss, Solution Director
In each of our ‘Meet the team’ posts we will focus on a different member of the Project Transform team so that you can get to know the faces behind our work. You’ll learn a bit about each person’s experience prior to the project along with their hopes and aspirations for the solution that we’re delivering. You’ll also get to find out a bit about who they are outside of work. This week’s subject is Simon Tonkiss, Project Transform’s Solution Director. Simon heads up the large team that’s working on designing the processes and configuring the software.
1. What’s your name?
2. What’s your job title?
3. What are the main aspects of your role within Project Transform?
Ensuring that we deliver a working process and systems solution to support the changes that will be delivered to the University as part of the project.
4. Have you worked with the University of Nottingham before?
Yes, I joined Information Services in 2012 and jumped at the chance to work with such an important and exciting programme.
5. What was your role prior to Project Transform?
Director of Global Programmes & Solutions (Information Services).
6. How does your previous experience relate to your current role?
Prior to joining the University I worked on many transformational projects supported by the development of integrated IT systems. These all shared similar characteristics – hard work, challenging and requiring a spirit to overcome obstacles and get things done.
7. What aspect or functionality of Project Transform are you most looking forward to seeing in action?
The final delivery of the project, meaning that the University has successfully adopted an ambitious and demanding programme that will lay the foundations of success and excellence for many years to come.
8. What do you think Project Transform’s greatest benefit will be for the University of Nottingham?
The foundation of trustworthy, reliable information that will allow us all to work more effectively and provide a much better service to students.
9. How do you spend your weekends?
Monitoring the inexorable rise to greatness of Middlesbrough Football Club!
Keep checking back on a regular basis to meet more members of the Project Transform team. Alternatively you can subscribe to the blog to avoid missing out on an update.