April 14, 2022, by Postgraduate Placements Nottingham

“It was like it was meant to be” – My marketing placement

Khyati Jain on her Inclusive Marketing placement.

~ Khyati

Being a self-funded research student, I was looking for a placement opportunity to help cover inflated housing and child-care costs that I hadn’t accounted for. Returning to academia after 14 years in the industry, I also missed the rush I felt working in the marketing sector. The inclusive PhD marketing role I found through the Researcher Academy placements programme was a rewarding experience, both academically and professionally.

When I interviewed with Rachel and Mandy at the BBSRC DTP, I knew right then that I wanted to work with them. I was so glad when they offered me the job within few hours of the interview. It was like it was meant to be.

Mandy has a super keen eye for detail and a mind full of creative ideas. Working with her was a joy. Her management skills are on point and her leadership style empowers her associates. Rachel and her team are so passionate about the DTP that it is infectious and gets the team motivated. It has been a wonderful 2 months.

I worked with the marketing team on photoshoots, website content, videography project and social media. During this time, I had the opportunity to meet several students from the cohort who are international postgraduate research students like me. It was a pleasure to capture their journey through the blogs and student profiles that I created for the website.

The experience has been a learning journey. Mandy taught me the value of minute details in a project. Her keen eye of evaluation is commendable. Rachel taught me the value of passion. Her passion and dedication for her team is heart warming. Andy, the Researcher Academy’s Engagement Officer taught me the importance of learning about all the available resources before choosing the one that works for you. His patience makes him a great asset to teach website content management to new recruits. The team at University of Nottingham / Researcher Academy BBSRC DTP is a wonderful mix of talented and passionate people, and it has been a great privilege to work with them.

Posted in BBSRC DTPPlacements