September 14, 2017, by Liz Cass
One is a Russell Group institution with a world-class reputation and the other is a fictional British school of magic for students aged eleven to eighteen, but there are more than a few similarities between the University of Nottingham and Hogwarts.
Our short video explains the similarities.
- We have our own quidditch team
- We have a Professor Moody and a Professor Snape
- Catered dining halls look like Hogwart’s Great Hall
- We have our own Great Hall
- We have a Great Lake too…
- …Surrounded by the fabulous beasts of UoN
- Each year we hold a TriCampus games which sounds a lot like the Triwizards Tournament
But while the motto of the University of Nottingham is Sapientia urbs conditur; (A city is built on wisdom) the motto of Hogwarts is quite different: Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus; (Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon).
We think Nottingham has a magical appeal. Good luck to all first years and returning students!
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first