April 6, 2020, by International students

International Student Ambassadors: Ahmed from Egypt

Ahmed is an Egyptian student who is studying PhD Architecture Design.

Why did you choose the University of Nottingham?

I have chosen to study at the university of Nottingham due to its high reputation. Its one of the top one hundred universities worldwide. In My subject Architecture design, it’s on top five UK best universities. I finished my master’s in architecture design at the university of Nottingham in 2017. I have started my research project during my master’s thesis, and I was really motivated to go forward with my project.

What is your favourite thing about the University of Nottingham?

The Diversity, I have meet new people and make new friend from all over the world. You can easily join a society, or a sports game and you will have long lifetime friendship with a great people. The beautiful Design of Uni Park Campus. It’s a very healthy and vibrant atmosphere.

What is the best thing about your course?

The facilities and resources I can use. The supervision process is very convenient. The library is open 24 hours and its very easy to access the online digital library books and articles.

What was your first impression of the University of Nottingham?

My first impression about the university that the staff and the people are very friendly. They are always available and ready for help. There is a system you should follow and be part of it.

What do you do with your spare time, and what are your hobbies?

Generally, I like to hangout with friends on weekend the city is very vibrant and lovely at night. I love to go also to Wollaton Park, its one of my favourite spots. I have different hobbies as Photographing, reading and going to the Gym.

What societies have you got involved with?

I have joined the travel society. Its one of the best societies that I recommend. It had one day trips around different cities in the UK as Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford and Stonehenge. I have also joined the Latin, Ballroom and salsa society before. They are organising dancing classes suitable for everyone from beginner stage to a lifelong dancer.

What do you like about Nottingham as a city?

The city is very vibrant and life. The majority of people are students, so they are very friendly and easily to communicate. The nightlife and shopping are very good and cheap compared to other cites in the UK.

Posted in International Student Ambassadors