Dolly Peters, Ace Dee Consulting

December 14, 2016, by The Ingenuity Lab

Dolly Peters: Acing entrepreneurship

At The Ingenuity Lab, no day is the same and every member has a different story and requirements.  As a group, we support each other, collaborate and ensure we have as much fun along the day; creating a melting pot of ideas!  Each week, we will introduce one of our exemplary members and their business to you!

This week, it’s the turn of University of Nottingham alumna Dolly Peters, who is acing the whole entrepreneurship game!

Full name: Dolapo (Dolly) Fagbemide

Age: 33

Nationality: Nigerian

Company name: AceDee Consulting Limited

ace dee consulting, acedee consulting, ingenuity lab business

www.acedeeconsulting.co.uk

What did you study at the University of Nottingham?

Economic Development and Policy Analysis (2016).

What made you want to be an entrepreneur?

I am an ambitious person, I love my profession and I have always dreamed about owning a business. The Ingenuity Lab gave me the platform and here I am.

Owning my own business allows me to work with diverse clients and businesses, so while I am offering valuable service I am also enhancing my capabilities.

Risk Management, Dolly Peters, Ace Dee ConsultingWhat is your business concept?

AceDee Consulting as a company offers Risk Management and other business management services to SMEs.

I felt the need to ‘demystify’ the concept of risk management and let SME owners and managers know that no matter how small or young their businesses are they need to be thinking about and managing their risks.

What stage are you currently at in setting up your company/business?

AceDee Consulting went ‘live’ earlier in the year. We are still developing, but have already delivered consultations and established an online presence.

What challenges have you faced during the process?

Marketing, marketing and marketing! The major challenge was putting myself out there. But with guidance from Ingenuity Lab mentors and a lot of effort from me it is work in progress and can only get better.

How has being an Ingenuity Lab member helped you?

The Ingenuity Lab has become home away from home. I am always able to achieve a lot when I am there.

The members, the mentors and staff are always willing to listen and give advice. The attitude is always positive and personally I get a lot of inspiration and motivation from seeing other members’ dreams develop.

What are your goals for this year?

I would like to develop my blog and be consistent in making resources available to readers/clients. I also plan to hold a seminar. And definitely to increase and keep my clients.

If you would like to find out more about AceDee Consulting, make sure you visit their website and check out their blog

Please do ensure you subscribe to this blog to keep updated about our events and activities!  You can also follow us on Facebook, TwitterLinkedIn and Instagram.

Posted in MembersNew BusinessShowcaseThe Ingenuity Lab