women in business, jordana chin

November 25, 2016, by The Ingenuity Lab

Women in Business Awards 2016

“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it” – Estee Lauder

The Nottingham Post’s Women in Business Awards aim to celebrate and inspire female entrepreneurs and businesswomen. From funeral directors to fitness instructors, the awards are a fantastic opportunity to showcase the successful women based in Nottinghamshire.

After hundreds of nominations, 36 women were shortlisted across 12 categories for the 2016 competition by a judging panel, chaired by Nottingham Post editor, Mike Stassi. The awards ceremony was hosted earlier this week, and was a great evening where we got to celebrate the successes of one of our very own Ingenuity Lab members…

Nutri2Go wins New Business of the Year!

women in business, jordana chin, women in business awards 2016, nutri2go, new business of the yearEarlier in 2016, University of Nottingham alumna and Ingenuity Lab member Jordana Chin (Nutrition, 2015) launched her healthy food delivery service Nutri2Go. Jordana and her team now provide a host of freshly prepared meals in Nottingham, including vegetarian and vegan options, which are delivered to customers’ doors on their environmentally friendly tricycles.

After being nominated for the ‘New Business of the Year’ award by a customer, it was fantastic to see her pick up the award, sponsored by Eversheds.

“I thoroughly enjoyed the awards evening, and it was great to meet so many fantastic business women from across the county! I’m really surprised that I’ve won and it feels great to have my work recognised.

The Nottingham Post’s Women in Business Awards are a great way to recognise the important roles women play in different sectors of business. I am extremely grateful for the support and help I’ve received, especially from The Ingenuity Lab, my mentor Melanie Berry and my friends and family.”

The Women in Business Awards legacy

jordana chin, women in business, women in business awards, nutri2goWinning the award has made Jordana feel like her business has received a stamp of approval, motivating her to continue increasing Nutri2Go‘s brand awareness. She also hopes to inspire more young women from all backgrounds and walks of life to start their own business.

Jordana’s long-term goal involves expanding the company to every UK university campus, and introducing healthy takeaway shops in university areas. Nutri2Go’s mission is to help educate and encourage more people to eat healthily, eventually helping to reduce diet-related diseases in the UK, and as their tagline says – they aim to do so one lunchbox at a time!

We are incredibly proud Nutri2Go’s Women in Business Award, and are certain this is just the beginning of an incredibly successful career.

If you are interested in finding out more about Nutri2Go, or want to swap the usual ham sandwich for a healthy, homemade lunch, visit the Nutri2Go website.

Please do ensure you subscribe to this blog to keep updated about our events and activities!  You can also follow us on FacebookTwitterLinkedIn and Instagram.

Posted in CompetitionEventsMembersPromotionShowcaseThe Ingenuity Lab