May 31, 2013, by Student blogger

International Student Society: Christmas, Thanksgiving and Robin Hood

This year the International Student Society (ISSO) organised two main social events, an annual Christmas dinner and a Thanksgiving dinner. These two events gave us chances to glam up for the evening and the opportunity to enjoy some fantastic food. I understand that any international student might worry about the fact that it is hard to find quality cuisine in China, especially that which caters to foreign tastes, but this is simply not the case when you know the right places!

blog1

Our celebratory Christmas dinner was held in Sofitel. This hotel is located only 15 minutes away from our campus and next to Wanda plaza. We paid around 200 kuai per head, which included a buffet and transportation; a pretty decent price to pay to experience a night of fine dining at a 5 star hotel. The variety of choice of food on offer certainly impressed us. The quality and taste of the food was guaranteed by the hotel’s standard; it was all fresh and delicious. Overall, the food and the experience were definitely worth the money. The Christmassy atmosphere was wonderful and despite the fact that I was away from my family, it was still one of the most memorable Christmases I have ever had.

blog2
The Thanksgiving dinner was held in Robin Hood, a restaurant which is located in the staff hotel on campus. Robin Hood is a more pricy restaurant option compared to the other eateries on campus, but it is still one of our international students’ favorite places as it provides a selection of western dishes and if you want takeaway, they offer free delivery to your door.  The feast was held buffet-style and we paid around 100 kuai each. The highlight of the meal was obviously the turkey and it didn’t disappoint! It was a very successful evening with performances from fellow students and games with prizes on offer.

My dining experiences in Ningbo are always full of surprises and one of the most important things is that I’m constantly sharing my experiences with great company, which makes every moment special, and every dish memorable!

Posted in UNNC life