October 26, 2012, by Anastassiya Chshegreneva

My ‘must visit’ list of places in China

Hello readers!

Hope you all enjoyed your Golden Week and are now ready to work hard again πŸ™‚

During this week I was enjoying the full moon evening, and also thought about interesting places in China which are worth visiting.
Without a doubt the Great Wall of China is probably the most popular place. However, apart from this, there are plenty of other places which can be even more interesting and thrilling to visit! I decided to make a list of different spots in China which I definitely would love to see since I’m here anyway. πŸ™‚
Here they are:
The first place I am very interested in is Walk of Faith. Walk of Faith is a glass pavement built very high up on a mountain (more precisely – a 4,690 ft mountain). It is located in the Hunan province in the Tianmen mountain national forest park.
Of course I should prepare myself for this trip because it’s not that easy to step on the glass pavement, and not to look down! Having nerves of steel in this situation surely will not be a bad thing πŸ˜‰
Other places on my list are also located in Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park. Β The second spot is the Tianmen Mountain Cableway which is the longest passenger cableway in China. The view out of the cabin is pretty stunning:
And finally in the end of my journey in the Forest Park it will make sense to visit Bonsai garden on Air! This garden is the favourite place of Chinese artists who come there for some inspiration. I was always wondering how this amazing bonsai – tree looks in a wild πŸ™‚
If some of you guys has already visited this Forest Park I will look forward to hear your story out πŸ™‚ I am very curious to find out if you liked it or may be some information which will be good to know before the trip!
Cheers,
Sia
UNNC student.