July 27, 2012, by Anastassiya Chshegreneva

Moving out from campus

Hello people!

My name is Anastassiya (Sia). I’m from Kazakhstan and I’m studying at The University of Nottingham China, Ningbo.

Recently I decided to change my accommodation, i.e. moving out of university halls of residence. Probably some of you have already done that, if not, I hope this information will help you to decide or shed some light on the procedure.  A warning in advance as this process is not an easy or pleasant one :-\

First of all, you have to do is fill in the “Registration Form for International Students Living Off Campus”, and hand it to the International office for an approval stamp and record.

Registration Form for International Students Living Off Campus

To be honest, I found some questions on that form rather private and intrusive, nevertheless, I simply decided to leave those questions unanswered. By the way, you might have to go to the local police station to receive yet another stamp. Next step is to take this form with all stamps to the accommodation office in order to claim your deposit back. Well, as you can see, it isn’t so easy but from another point of view it is absolutely worth it!

My new balcony

After finishing all this you will get the long-awaited opportunity to live in the place that you really like, the effort is not in vain. Frankly speaking, I feel much better in my new place because now i have this warm ‘homey’ feeling. My neighbors are very friendly to me, but they were a bit curious at first, however, now we greet and smile  each other everyday 🙂 Now I have this opportunity to practice my Chinese but more importantly I’m able to get to know different aspects of Chinese culture in the routine life.

Good luck with your move!

p.s. You can find the original form on this web site: http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/international/prospective/accommodation/off-campus-living.aspx



Posted in Uncategorized