July 17, 2015, by Rose Bramwell
From the Lab to the Proms!
Our Chemistry Postgraduate student, Daniel Smith has been given the exciting invitation of performing at the BBC Proms this Sunday as part of the CBSO Chorus at the Royal Albert Hall.
Several themes are presented throughout from Beethoven to Naughty Boy, they’ve got themes covered.
For those not fully clued up on the Proms here’s the low down:
- The Proms (Promenade Concert) last for 8 weeks consisting of 70-100 concerts
- The Proms is 120 years old this year
- There was a Blue Peter Prom…
- …Shortly replaced by Doctor Who Prom
- Prom goers are commonly referred to Promenaders or Prommers
Sunday’s episode will cover performances from the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO) and Chorus performing Beethoven’s 9th Symphony under conductor Andris Nelson, last weeks Proms, interviews with artists and look forward to the week of Proms ahead.
If you want to watch Daniel in action, tune in to BBC Four 9:00pm on Sunday!
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply