April 9, 2018, by Susan
3 Quick Homemade Snacks
I’d been eating a LOT of biscuits up until recently. So much so that I got a little tired of them and decided to mix things up and make my own snacks – there are only so many chocolate digestives a person can eat ! While I don’t always have time to bake, these 3 are my go to, quick recipes. And the best thing about all of them is that you can make batches and store them for later!
200g Dark Chocolate
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
100g Mini Marshmallows (chopped regular marshmallows work too)
200g Digestive biscuits (Ginger Nuts make a good alternative)
2 Handfuls of Dried Cranberries
1. Line a 20 by 20 square baking tray with baking paper.
2. Put biscuits into a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin or until broken into a mixture.
3. In a large sauce pan, melt butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat.
4. Pour biscuits, marshmallows and cranberries into the chocolate mixture. Stir all until everything is covered.
5. Tip everything into the lined baking tray.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
7. Cut into 12 squares
Adapted from Good Food
100g Plain Flour
65 Caster Sugar
50g Desiccated Coconut
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
4 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Sift the Plain Flour into a bowl. Stir in rolled oats and sugar.
3. Melt butter and syrup in a saucepan and stir.
4. Mix everything.
5. Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into round balls. Flatten out into cookie shapes.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
180g Caster Sugar
1 Tbsp Water
200g Golden Syrup
1. Mix butter, sugar and water in a pan over a heat. Stir until butter melts.
2. Add golden syrup and keep stirring over the heat until the sugar melts.
3. Stir and bring mixture to boil.
4. Add in the peanuts and continue to stir.
5. Pour the mixture onto a lightly greased baking tray and leave to harden for about 30 minutes.