June 8, 2020, by Issy

15 things I’m looking forward to when things get back to normal.

I’ll keep this one short and sweet, as I know that life has been hurling things at us left right and centre recently, and it can get overwhelming to say the very least.

I’ve been thinking recently about how much I miss university, and know I’m definitely not the only one. I thought I would share a quick list of things that I can’t wait to get back to doing again, once the “new normal” gives way to the “old normal”, whenever that may be!

1. Hugging my friends and family again.
  2. Taking the tram into town for a meal out.
  3. Never thought I would say it, but being crammed into a lecture theatre again!
  4. Having an actual timetable of seminars and lectures to structure my day with.
  5. Late night “revision” sessions in the library… yes, really!
  6. A good dance to Baywatch in Ocean at the end of a tough week.
  7. The manic chaos of a student kitchen at dinnertime when we all want to use the oven at different temperatures!
  8. Having a meeting where I don’t have to rely on my internet connection staying stable.
  9. Going back to placement and getting to do more hands on practical experience.
  10. Conversations with friends which last hours but feel like minutes.
  11. A gig at Rock City
  12. A coffee in the SU, maybe followed by multiple cakes!
  13. Heading to SB for the Farmers Market.
  14. A social of some sort with my friends from sailing.
  15. Having seen the world in a new light, treating it, and everyone on it, with more love, compassion, kindness, and respect.
Posted in #WeAreUoNIssy