October 8, 2018, by Shweta

Eating your way around Nottingham

Here’s a guide to my favorite restaurants in Nottingham (and an excuse to spend that latest pay-check).

1. Ed’s Easy Diner: This little diner on the top floor of Victoria Center became a cult favorite amongst my friend group over a year ago. With their recently renewed menu and all their amazing deals, Ed’s is still our go-to for a laid-back brunch or a casual dinner. Don’t miss out on their world-famous shakes!
  2. Zaap. Who doesn’t love some good Thai food? With décor that will transport you to the streets of Thailand and free unlimited popcorn, it’s no wonder that Zaap often sees queues of hungry students. It’s definitely worth the wait though!
  3. Tamatanga. I fell in love with this gem when I first moved to Notts. 3 years later, it’s still a favorite. Nottingham has quite a few great Indian restaurants but they usually come with a pretty high price-tag. Tamatanga can satisfy your curry cravings without burning a hole through your savings.
  4. White Horse. This one is on here, not because they have the best food but because they host some of the best memories. Located opposite Nottingham Two, White Horse is the ultimate post-night out spot. From Indian takeaway to individual pizzas, their affordable prices and versatile timings make this joint perfect for those looking to take only a box of nuggets home with them after Crisis.

Nottingham is absolutely strife with amazing places to eat. And the best part is that most of them do student deals! In 2 years, I have yet to tire of Notts’ food scene. Let me know your favorite restaurants in the comments!

Until next time,

Shweta

Posted in Shweta